The IMESA KK2 Multi-Layer laminating system is the ideal solution for converters that want the ability to combine multiple substrates with double sided adhesive films in a single operation. The KK2 multi-layer laminator includes the same features & general specifications as the KK1 laminating machine including slitting & sheeting capabilities but also adds multiple unwinds & rewinds to create a finished custom composite substrate. These substrates include but are not limited to open & closed cell foams, woven textiles, coated fabrics, thermoplastic films, pressure sensitive adhesives and other specialized materials. The KK2 laminating solution is customized to meet the specific converting requirements of the customer.
The KK2 multi-layer laminating system is equipped with the following features:
• Powered material unwind with loop sensor, motor & mechanical brake – Maximum diameter of 1400mm
• Automatic material web guide system with precise edge control.
• Variable operating speeds from 0 – 20 meters per minute.
• Entrance table with adjustable inclination to avoid the “curling” effect.
• Optional powered infeed conveyor system
• Infra-Red preheating station
• Upper unwind for adhesive film with mechanical brake & 3” expansion shaft.
• Lower unwind for adhesive film with mechanical brake & 3” expansion shaft.
• 1st Calendar: Upper & lower motorized silicone covered calendar rollers complete with heating device with adjustable temperature up to 300° Celsius.
• Upper & Lower rewind station with electronic clutch and 3” pneumatic expansion shafts for the removal of the adhesive liner.
• Upper unwind for 2nd material addition with mechanical brake & 3” expansion shaft.
• 2nd Calendar: Upper & lower motorized silicone covered calendar rollers complete with heating device with adjustable temperature up to 300° Celsius
• Variable calendar spacing from 2-100MM with mechanical visualization
• Adjustable air score slitting unit (blade/counter-blade or pressure cut).
• Upper & Lower rewind station with electronic clutch and 3” pneumatic expansion shafts
• Optional semi-automatic sheeting unit with rotating circular slitting blade.
• PLC Touchscreen to check the machines operating functions.
• Optional entrance & exit tables for sheet lamination.
Benefits of Adhesive Based Lamination
Adhesive-based fabric-to-foam lamination reduces cost and improves product quality in the manufacture of upholstery, automotive interiors, acoustical wallboards, carpet, shoes and office furniture.
• Meet environmental regulations by eliminating flame lamination.
• Increase overall line speeds and throughput.
• Precisely control the exact volume of adhesive applied.
• Use non-foam materials such as breathable films and nonwovens.