The IMESA KK1 Laminating System combines the ability to laminate adhesive and self-adhesive tapes to both the top & bottom of foams, textiles, cork, rubber, and similar materials along with in-line slitting, rewinding & sheeting capabilities. IMESA offers a wide range of material handling solutions including center & surface unwinds, automatic web guides, various tensioning control devices, sheet handling, center & surface winders, & accumulators. For heat activated adhesives, the IMESA Laminator can be equipped with infrared preheaters and infrared heated calendars. In addition, a variety of adjustable in-slitting options are available including scissor cut (blade & counter-blade) & pressure cut (air score) along with semi-automatic transversal slitting for creating sheets.
This machine is very simple to set and to operate with the following features incorporated as standard:
• Powered material unwind with loop sensor, motor & mechanical brake – Maximum diameter of 1400mm
• Automatic material web guide system with precise edge control.
• Variable operating speeds from 0 – 7 meters per minute.
• Entrance table with adjustable inclination to avoid the “curling” effect.
• Optional powered infeed conveyor system
• Infra-Red preheating station
• Upper unwind for adhesive film with mechanical brake & 3” expansion shaft.
• Lower unwind for adhesive film with mechanical brake & 3” expansion shaft.
• 1st Calendar: Upper & lower motorized silicone covered calendar rollers complete with heating device with adjustable temperature up to 250° Celsius
• Adjustable air score slitting unit (blade/counter-blade or pressure cut).
• 2nd Calendar: Upper & lower motorized silicone covered calendar rollers complete with heating device with adjustable temperature up to 250° Celsius
• Variable calendar spacing from 2-100MM with mechanical visualization
• Upper & Lower rewind station with electronic clutch and 3” pneumatic expansion shafts
• Optional semi-automatic sheeting unit with rotating circular slitting blade.
• PLC Touchscreen to check the machines operating functions.
• Optional entrance & exit tables for sheet lamination.