The IMESA K1 DS Double Sided Laminator is cost effective laminating solution for the lamination of heat-activated or cold bond adhesive to both sides of the substrates including foam materials, textiles, adhesive & non-adhesive tapes, rubber, cork and similar products. This Foam Laminator is engineered to achieve consistent results with minimal set up time whilst adopting a versatile approach to current and future requirements all at a very competitive level of investment.
The K1 will laminate self-adhesive paper & films to foams and similar materials direct from the roll, either cold (pressure only) or with heating integrated into the calendaring nip rollers.
This machine is very simple to set and to operate with the following features incorporated as standard:
- Motorized material unwind, complete with 3” pneumatic expansion shaft – Maximum diameter of 1400mm
- Automatic alignment (Edge Guide) system controlled by photocell with a travel stroke of +/- 25mm
- Dancer roller for loop control
- Variable operating speeds from 0 – 20 meters per minute.
- Upper Winder-Rewinder for liner removal, tension electronically controlled, with 3” pneumatic expansion shaft.
- Upper unwind for adhesive film with mechanical brake & 3” expansion shaft.
- Lower unwind for adhesive film with mechanical brake & 3” expansion shaft.
- Entrance table with adjustable inclination to avoid the “curling” effect.
- Upper & lower motorized silicone covered calendar rollers complete with heating device with adjustable temperature up to 100° Celsius
- Variable calendar spacing from 2-100MM with mechanical visualization
- Upper & Lower rewind station with electronic clutch and 3” pneumatic expansion shafts
- Siemens HMI Touchscreen to check the machines operating functions.
- Optional entrance & exit tables for sheet lamination.
- Optional Scissor Cut or Pressure Cut Slitting Unit
- Optional Semi-Automatic Transversal Cross Cutting unit with motorized circular blade & pneumatic material locking device.
An option package allows sheet fed material to also be processed ensuring complete versatility.
For customers needing to process materials where an adhesive transfer film is required on just a single side, the model K1 Easy Laminator can be selected.